Pages

Blog Introduction

This blog is the story of how my husband and I faced the illness and death of two of our children. Each blog post is essentially a chapter in the story, so in order to truly understand it, you are going to benefit by starting at the beginning.
I hope you find our story touching, and in some way find comfort and hope through it as you face your own storms in life.

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Beginning

This is my first attempt at Blogging! I have always wanted to write a book, but have never been able to find that key starting point, so at the suggestion of a published friend, this is my beginning- my starting point to the fulfillment of a long-held dream.

Some of you may wonder how I came upon the title for my blog- Life Through the Looking Glass. During a brief brainstorming episode my husband and I were having, it just sort of "came to me". After it was firmly decided upon, I began reflecting on the multidimensional aspects of it.

Just as Alice experienced life in Wonderland, my life has had many unexpected twists and turns. There have been some very joyful times, as well as many events which were very much a part of the life I had envisioned for myself. But there have also been many more unexpected, unwanted events that have become the permanent fabric of my life. If I had a choice, I would not have wanted them.
But here again comes another meaning of Through the Looking Glass.
A looking glass typically magnifies the thing being examined. With life, we have the opportunity to retrospectively examine the events we have experienced. We can go back and look for meaning in all of it. Why did these things happen, and how has it affected me as a whole? I have had this privilege.

Some of my blogs will relate to these experiences; others may be about completely different topics. I'm not going to limit myself, but am opening this up to my own creativity.

I hope you appreciate what I contribute here, and if you have comments, please keep them clean, and criticism constructive. These are my life experiences, and my thoughts, opinions and beliefs. If you don't like them or agree with them, that's ok. I'm not telling you to approve. I'm just sharing in the hope that my words may be of help to another sojourner on this road we call life.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, my friend! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see where God takes you in this new adventure! May your posts be honey to the souls of your future readers and fans!

    I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete